Friday, January 19, 2007

Passion for Shakespeare Continued

I forgot to mention in my last post about my passion for Shakespeare and Shakespeare plays that you should take a look at the address for this blog. I had hoped to get a vanity plate once just for when I visit the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, OR. But all the convenient abbreviations were taken. If you have trouble figuring it out, think Hamlet.

A curiosity, Amazon lists more than 27,000 items about Shakespeare just in the book department.

I really would like to watch some Shakespeare if you get a chance. It's not the snooty, toffee nosed experience the Victorians tried to make it. Shakespeare is funny, exciting (how often do you get a battle scene in a theatre complete with sword fights and cannons) and full of bawdy adult jokes. Try some of these books to see what you've been missing.






Take care and say "excuse me all the way."
The rapidly aging baby boomer.