Sunday, August 05, 2007

Poor Little Rich Boy

I'm embarrassed. One of my fellow Baby Boomers has explained why he still works so hard.

Hal Steger is quoted in the NY Times: "a few million doesn’t go as far as it used to. Maybe in the ’70s, a few million bucks meant ‘Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous,’ or Richie Rich living in a big house with a butler. But not anymore.”

I don't mean to pick on Mr. Steger specifically, but this is very nearly obscene. It's no wonder the image of the ugly American is growing. By the time someone has turned fifty they should have learned the difference between price and value.

In fairness to Mr. Steger, he's not the only one listed in the article, just the first and most visible.

"I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love"-The Beatles

Take care and say "excuse me all the way."
-The Rapidly Aging Baby Boomer